ALBERTO & KATLYN
I started at Diligence Athletics in Jan 2017 all because of a groupon and friends asking me to join them. At first, I was terrified, but I committed to giving it 30 days. That was 2 years ago. I fell in love with the environment and community. I firmly believe that I would not be at Diligence if it weren't for the coaches and the members. I am constantly supported and held accountable while being pushed out of my comfort zone often which has taught me just how strong and capable I am. Every day that I walk into Diligence, I feel at home and leave with a smile on my face for not giving up and pushing myself.
What keeps me coming back to Diligence? It is the non-judgmental family atmosphere. Peter and the Diligence staff encourage, gently nudge, and hold you accountable to attain everyone’s fitness goals. I have been working with Peter for the last 4 months. At times, I have to remind myself “have faith in the process.” As a disabled Veteran, I have a limited range of exercises that I can do. I consulted with Peter and his staff to customize the workouts and to maximize the benefit of each workout. There is no judgement if I am not physically able to perform a movement or request a modification. Since joining the gym I have been able to reach every fitness goal I have set. Sure there is some competitiveness amongst the members during the workout, however at the end of every session EVERY participant is congratulated, affirmed, and encouraged for their continuous effort. This gym is more than a gym, it is a family. It is a Diligence Family!
Being a seasoned athlete I wanted more. I was looking for a seasoned gym and a coach that would program for me. Peter has been programming for me from the start and the progress that I have made is huge. I have been at Diligence Athletics for a little over 2 years and it is one of the best decision that I have made as an athlete.
I have become a stronger, faster, and more well rounded athlete. The attention and the coaching is one of the best out there.
Peter has coached me in the NorCal Masters Competition for 3 years. My placement has moved up each year and we achieved my goal of Top 10 this year!
Diligence Athletics is not just a gym. It has become family. The support from everyone is so amazing and the Energy is positive and strong.
A friend and I had been talking about getting in shape for a couple of years before we found Diligence Athletics in February of 2018. Crossfit was completely new to me. We were so out of shape the first few workouts that everything was a struggle. However, the coaches were always encouraging and pushing us just enough. It never felt like anyone was looking down on us for being less fit.
What I love about Diligence Athletics:
• The coaches are wonderful. They help you get the correct form and technique. It's like having a personal trainer.
• The people you workout with are great. Workouts are done in groups and provides all the motivation you need. Whether it's trying to stay a few reps ahead of the person next to you or trying to keep up with somebody on a sprint, a group workout will not allow you to quit. It's a fun and friendly competition every time.
• The workouts are never boring. Peter (owner and coach) programs the workout each day so that they are challenging and do not get stagnant.
• I never thought I would look forward to working out; I always had to push myself to go to the regular gyms. It's actually fun now and I look forward to the workouts each time. I had a membership at a regular gym right next to my house for years, and I used it maybe 10 times a year. Since I've signed up at Diligence Athletics, I've been going 3 to 6 times each week.
• The gym is family-friendly and Peter is very personable and knowledgeable about what individuals need to work on and how to scale the workouts accordingly. My wife and kids have also been coming here for about 8 months and absolutely look forward to coming to the gym.
• All the different classes and challenges offered. One of my favorites was the Accountability challenge where we log the food we had each day and Peter would personally evaluate it and tell you what you should eat more/less of and how often. You don't need to just eat salads and starve to lose body fat. Peter taught me how to eat healthy, enjoy the food and still lose body fat.
The picture on the left is a few years back but close to my weight when I joined Diligence Athletics, which was about 188 lbs. The picture on the right is one year after I joined Diligence Athletics, which is 148 lbs.
I've been an athlete for most of my life. Crossfit has always been something I have known of but never done. Once I decided to try it I looked up local gyms and came across diligence athletics. Diligence means to be careful and persistent with your work or effort. Peter and the diligence family embrace the true meaning behind the word. I came in with the typical mindset of crossfit as a competitive sport but have grown to understand what it truly means to be apart of something more. Every day, every class, Peter and his family create an environment for growth not only in a physical aspect but growth of character. Peter gets to know each member on a personal level to better understand how they learn, how they change, and how best to reinforce what he is teaching. He creates a friendly, no judgement environment for everyone. No matter what your looking for in a gym you can find it here, from competition to getting back in shape, to finding support after life events. Peter creates an environment that makes you want to stay.
I joined Diligence Athletics in July 2017, which has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I came across through Diligence because of a Groupon, at the time I was pretty bored with going to the gym and doing the same thing over and over. I had previously looked at other gyms but wouldn’t convince myself to sign up. The moment I walked into Diligence Peter was motivating and encouraging. I had originally signed up for the boot camp classes to get back in shape. I knew CrossFit was a class he offered but I was too terrified to try. When I mentioned this to Peter he encouraged me to give it a try and see how I liked it. From the beginning everyone was helpful, friendly, and motivating. The community and environment at Diligence is one of the reasons why I fell in love with the place. Peter and the coaches have pushed me (especially when I’m being lazy or they know I have more potential) and supported me through my progress. I feel better, fitter, and stronger than I have ever felt. I am doing things that I never imagined I could do. Because of the great community and support I look forward to coming to the gym and always leave satisfied.
A year ago I was getting really out of shape and was looking to get back in shape for my 40th bday celebration. I found Diligence through Yelp and decided to check it out. BEST decision ever!
Folks at Diligence are at different fitness levels and super supportive of one another. The daily workout is crafted by Peter who is the owner and coach. Peter is creative in making these workouts challenging, effective and FUN. The coaches took their time to help me with my techniques, forms and made adjustments to the workout as needed for my fitness level. These factors were essential for me in slowly learning the movements, staying committed and achieving my fitness goals.
Today, I'm in my BEST shape at 40 and my perception of fitness has completely changed. Fitness is no longer optional but a necessity and an important part of my life. Big THANKS to Diligence for helping me discover the importance of fitness at this stage of my life.